When neighbors have disputes about property lines, it is often unclear where one property ends and the other begins, especially when property owners have held the property for a long period of time.  In the event of a dispute, Iowa Code section 650 provides a procedure for resolution.  Under section 650, an interested party files a special action with the district court seeking determination of the disputed boundaries.  The Court appoints a commission composed of licensed land surveyors who make findings of fact.  The parties then have an opportunity to challenge the commission’s findings before the district court, and the ruling of the district court can be appealed.  Of course, the parties can always agree to the boundaries without the Court’s intervention.